- Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering, Sep 2007 - August 2010, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Sep 2005 - August 2007, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
- B.E. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Mar 1996 - August 2004, Korea University, Seoul, Korea
- Tesla Top Talent Award 2016
- Best Reviewer Award at IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision 2013
- Best Paper Award at IEEE International Symposium on Multimedia 2011
- The first place prize of 2008 Korean Computer Scientists and Engineers Association in America Moon Jung Chung Scholarship Poster Competition.
- Director of AV Perception, Autonomous Vehicle, Nvidia, Current
- Sr. Manager and Principal Scientist, Autonomous Vehicle, Nvidia, June 2017 - Sept 2019
- Manager (Senior Staff Computer Vision Engineer), Autopilot Visual Perception, Tesla, March 2017 - June 2017
- Senior Staff Computer Vision Engineer, Autopilot Computer Vision, Tesla, Jan 2017 - March 2017.
Reporting to VP of Autopilot Computer Vision and demonstrating rountine feature driving with CEO. [details]
- Staff Computer Vision Engineer, Autopilot Computer Vision, Tesla, May 2015 - Dec 2016.
- Adjunt Faculty, Northern Virginia Community College, Dept. of Computer Science, Jan. 2015 - May 2015.
- Research Scientist, Government Research, Object Video, Oct 2012 - May 2015
- Research Scientist, Intelligent Systems, Eastman KODAK Research Labs., Sep 2010 - Oct 2012,
reporting to Eastman Kodak Fellow.
- Software Engineer, Research and Development Center, PERCEPTCOM Inc., Sep 2000 - Oct 2003
- Organizing Committee, IEEE International Symposium on Multimedia 2012
- Organizing Committee, Symmetry Detection for Real World Images, IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition 2012 Workshop
- Industrial Session Chair, IEEE International Symposium on Multimedia 2011
- Joint IEEE/IS&T Western New York Image Processing Workshop, Rochester, 2011
- Senior Member of IEEE, IEEE Signal Processing Society, IEEE Computer Society
- Korean-American Scientists and Engineers Association
- Korean Computer Scientist and Engineers Association in America
- Efficient Mean-shift Belief Propagation and Its Computer Vision Applications, VASC Seminar Series, Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, May 2010
- Graphical Model Applications to Computer Vision, Eastman KODAK Digital Technology Forum, Oct 2009
- Efficient Mean-shift Belief Propagation, Eastman KODAK Digital Technology Forum, May 2009